The local search is an area of SEO that is becoming very important for small businesses that want to appear prominently in search of a particular geographic area. If you have a company with a physical location besides a web page and you want to get customers from your locality you need to understand this new face of SEO.
Major search engines like Google and Bing work on local search as per their algorithms. If you have done a search recently, you will have noticed that many of the first results that appear are companies that are close to where you live. A search for “seo company in los angeles” will not bring the same results as in Madrid or Seville, SERP will contain results of seo companies in LA along with some map results. Search engines by default will display the results of locations close to the user, unless the user specifies otherwise.
The best answer to hit the spot with Local SEO is to create highly relevant and specific content for the geographic location of the user. This will not only improve organic positioning in search engines but also have a positive impact on conversion rates. Also with content you not only refer to texts, but also to images or videos that you can geolocalize with Google. This will boost your local positioning. Since in addition to including relevant content you will be giving Google more information to locate you.
Here are the basic tips and tricks to improve local SEO.
- Include a Google map with your embedded location on your website. You can include it in your contact page, in the homepage or in the footer of all pages.
- Always place the same telephone number, address, name and opening hours on all pages of your website. A good place to include it is also in the footer, next to the location map.
- Register to a local business directory with the same name, address and phone number you have on your own page.
- Include the name of the location for which you want to appear in Google throughout your page as a keyword: in your content, in the meta tag of the title, in the H1 header, in an url, in the alt tags of the images. Your website and the meta description tag.
- Create a profile in Google My Business . It’s free and Google values it very positively. Make sure you keep your profile up to date and that your contact information is correct. Includes images of your local, the link to your website and a description about your company.
- Encourage your users to write reviews about your business. It includes links in your web and in your emails or newsletters so that your users can have it easily.
- Create a connection of links with the web pages of interest for that locality, such as: blogs or other local content websites, associations or local chambers of commerce to which you belong and local versions of Yahoo and directories of companies.
Check out this site to know how to set cpu priority to prefer foreground apps .