Ranking higher than the competitors on the search engine is imperative for any business. Moreover, just making it to the first page of Google search results isn’t enough. SEO strategies help businesses improve their search engine rankings which in turn creates brand visibility and increases sales. So, whether you are a startup or an existing e-commerce business, you need to start implementing e-commerce SEO techniques to grow your business. Businesses have also
E-commerce SEO generated the highest ROI in the marketing campaigns of eCommerce businesses, however, many businesses don’t give it as much importance as it deserves. Businesses end up relying more on social media marketing and PPC campaigns to increase traffic on their website. For an Ecommerce business, POS Data is very much important.
Although these are good strategies as well, e-commerce SEO seems to be more effective than these strategies. This is because once you invest in SEO, it takes on an auto-pilot mode to make your website rank without additional expenses.
Businesses have also started leveraging robotic process automation in their SEO practices. It helps in content editing, generating keywords, backlink building & monitoring, monitoring rankings, blog update & social media posting.
What is SEO and why is it important for E-commerce websites?
Search Engine Optimization is a practice of optimizing your website with trending and relevant keywords to make the website rank higher on search engines like Google. SEO is of 2 types- on-page SEO and off-page SEO. Google has certain algorithms to rank websites based on which one answers the searcher’s question in the best way.
Take a look at some of these statistics to understand the importance of SEO for your e-commerce website:
- 44% of people start online shopping by searching on Google
- Search engines are the source of 37.5% of all traffic on e-commerce websites.
- 26% of orders of e-commerce websites are a direct result of organic traffic
- 57% of B2B marketers state that as compared to other marketing initiatives, SEO generated more leads
Here are the strategies you can use in your eCommerce SEO campaign:
- Keyword research – Identify the popular and trending words and phrases that people enter into the search engines to make your content rank with those keywords.
- On-page SEO – Optimize your web pages to rank higher and increase relevant traffic through search engines.
- Technical SEO – It involves optimizing your website so that Google and other search engines can crawl and index your web pages. It also includes rendering and website architecture.
- Content Marketing – It is a marketing technique that involves the creation and sharing of videos, social media posts, blogs, etc. Content marketing stimulates customers’ interest in your products and services rather than directly promoting the brand.
- Link Building – It involves increasing quality inbound links to your website in order to increase search engine rankings.
- Measuring the success of SEO – Use different tools and perform a website audit to measure the performance and success of your SEO campaign.
I hope you like reading this article.