Let’s face it, most URLs that we come across are quite cumbersome and hard to remember. Think about it; how can one remember an URL that has 30 or more characters and random numbers and letters without any rhyme or reason. This is where Custom short URLs come into play.
Benefits of branded short links cannot be overstated. Let us take a look at some of those advantages:
- The basic function of any URL shortener is to shorten cumbersome URLs and make them manageable and memorable. People find short URLs more trustworthy. So, it will ensure more clicks compared to long URLs.
- Most URL shorteners come with a lot of added features. Most URL shorteners provide analytical data. So, you can track the clicks and find out which URLs got the most clicks and which were not doing that well.
- Short URLs have a higher chance of being shared. For example, Twitter allows only 140 characters per tweet, and a full-length URL will be a definite waste of a character. With a short URL which are usually always under 20 characters long, you will have lots of characters leftover to say your piece.
- Long URLs with lots of random characters can look very suspicious and spammy. A lot of people will never even consider clicking on such a link. On the other hand, short URLs are very commonplace now, and people are more likely to click on them without hesitation.
- Using short links will also do a lot of good as far as SEO goes. If you customize your short URL properly, then you have already scored big.
- When in Rome do what the Roman’s do. This proverb is quite apt in case of URL shorteners. More and more people are using them because they are really effective and can bring about a big change in your marketing strategy. It’s a small change that has quite a big impact.
- As any SMS marketer will tell you; the lower the number of characters, the lesser you pay. So, you can rack up quite a good bit of saving by using link shorteners without losing out on content.
So, if you haven’t got an URL shortener yet, then it is past time that you did. You will not be disappointed. On the contrary, you will be able to engage your visitors with compelling experiences.